Wednesday, December 7, 2016

What Real Women Want for The Holidays...A Gift Guide






Hello, Thrillerati!

How are you, beauties? While stumbling around the blog-o-shere, I discovered a post a Awfully Chipper concerning what "real" women want for the holidays. A lot of gift recommendation lists come from style people...you know, they wear black, they have distinctive eyewear, and they know all about the proper socks for any outfit? Bumbles of Rice is doing a whole series of gift recommendations from down on the street level...check out her gift guide from and for all sorts of diverse ladies! I thought I'd play along, too.

1. Paisley and Company Bubble Bath

Related image


 I am OBSESSSSSSSED with this little bath store in Kutztown called Paisley & Company. Oh my goodness! Oh my gosh! This place is THE BEST. When you walk in, it feels to me like a magical store from Harry Potter. They have potions and lotions, bottles and things that fizz! They want you to touch, to smell, to try it on, and they will custom make anything you desire using fragrance from their frangrance collection. I, particularly, want bubblebath.

paisleybubblebath.jpg

Poor bubblebath, the redheaded stepchild of the luxury bath industry. It used to be cool, like, in the 1970s. Now, everything is a bomb, a salt, a milk, even a bath tea. I am a classicist. I want BUBBLE. BATH. Please. And don't miss out on the fancy wrapping and the cute bag.

2. Anything by Teal Swan, but particularly her Tarot Deck.




 I adore Teal Swan. I'm a fan. Have you ever had a book show up in your life at precisely the right time? Teal's book, Shadows Before Dawn, helped me more than weeks of full day workshops in my effort to heal major chronic depression and PTSD. Oh, the time and money I have wasted! The main theme of Shadows Before Dawn is,"Everyone says,'Love Yourself', but what does that even mean?',followed by practical tips on how to do just that. She speaks my language. If you check out Teal, you will find that she is super controversial, she's weird, and faaaaar out there, but she always stretches my mind with her unusual perspectives.  She made a tarot deck where the images are of patterns of energy representing different emotional states. Click here for more about it.

3. Red Rag Rugs For My Kitchen



I love my kitchen! I decorated it all around those rugs, and then those rugs died. I can't find anywhere that sells them. The thing is, they have to be CHERRY, BLOOD, BRIGHT, FIRE ENGINE red, and everything is barn red to maroon where ever I look. So, I'm looking for rugs. I did see something like them at Wanamaker's General Store.

4. Tractor Seat Bar Stools 



Wouldn't these be sweet around my kitchen island? Okay, this is more of a dream than a Christmas list item, but someday, I'm going to find these used and cheap. I could start a collection, just one at a time. Click here for more info.

5 The Artist's Way


I've always heard about this book, but I've never read it. Click here for more. 

6. The Chelsea Dress from EShakti.com

Chelsea Dress | eShakti 2015 | #dress #eShakti #retro:
Oh, I've had my eye on this for YEARS! $88 though. That's about how much ALL of my clothes cost, altogether. You could have it custom made...change the hem or the sleeves. Maybe I would like more sleeves? Click here for more. Oh, swoon...it has pockets, people!!!


7. Edible Arrangements

Celebration Arrangement
I know they are SO much money for weird shaped fruit, but I always secretly wanted one. I think just one time, I'd bite into a star shaped pineapple, and then I'd be over it. But it would be cool, once!  Click here for more.

8. A Silky Robe 

Plus-Size-kimono-Peacock-Sleepwear-Kimono-Satin-Silk-Long-Robe-Geisha-Dress

When I gave birth to my oldest daughter, my mom came to Los Angeles from New York to see me, and brought me three or four pairs of the most elegant pajamas for after I had the baby. I loved them so much, and they made me feel so special...I wish I still had them! Click here for more.

9. A Crank Powered Emergency Radio

FR1 Mini Emergency Radio
I bought a bunch of these for the girls and Bob, and off they went to boarding school, and into the work truck, and now I wish I had one of my own! It is cool! It is powered with a crank, it has an emergency radio, a phone charger, a flashlight and it glows in the dark. I love this kind of stuff! Click here for more. 


That's my "real" woman holiday list. What's on your list? Post your link in the comments, if you like.

Love and Light,
Your friend,
Hil

11 comments:

  1. Those are AWESOME! We spotted some of the tractor seat barstools at a yard sale a couple of months ago, but even used they were out of our price league. However, you could always braid your own blood red rugs for the kitchen. You'd have to find the fabric, but it could be done.

    Also - if there ever were a person who should create her own tarot deck, imho you're that person. It would be a lot of work, yes, but you can sell the result and I believe people would buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I stole your idea and posted a similar entry on my own blog today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! I love when we can bounce our ideas around as a community. I miss diaryland for that. A tight bunch we used to be. Xoxox

      Delete
  3. Great list. I agree with LeiLani and am ashamed I didn't think of it sooner, but you absolutely need to design your own tarot. Elegant title font, btw, seriously swanky and magazine worthy. ~LA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to reply but it doesn't show up. Y'all'r crazy!!! Do you know how many images are in a tarot deck? I don't even have the attention span to do a wall calendar! Lol

      Delete
  4. YOU ARE TELLING ME THIS *NOW* !!! ??? !?! OK. Well I'll send you my Artist's Way. Next time I see you, I'd like some o' that bubble bath. Stinker. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Artist's Way is AMAZEBALLS! I didn't draw or paint or anything till I did a course based on that and look at me now! This comment thing is a pain - I can't get it to let me be me - it's stuck on a blog I did for 5 minutes back in the 1950s and wants to send follow up comments to my gmail which I don't use, not hotmail which I do. This is Anna, by the way. TechnoGran extraordinario Love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Techno Gran Extraordinario!!! That's a lot to type, but quite apt. TGE!!!

      Delete
  6. I've only just spotted this now. I've sort of been MIA what with December craziness and Christmas and everything. I am strangely drawn to the fruit arrangements too, good to see I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Welcome! I'm glad you came by! Fruit on a stick...good times.

    ReplyDelete