Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Starry Night Party and Treating a Gluten Hangover



I wasn't gonna, things have been so crazy, but I threw another big party last night in honor of Sequoia's birthday. Bob's words ring in my ear from years ago, when I was debating throwing another party, "What else did we get this house for? We got it for the girls to have happy memories and a place to bring their friends...". So, I clean, I shop, I chaperone, and we had a really epic party for Sequoia.

Starry Night
Theme: STARRY NIGHT
Guests: 20ish
Budget: $100

Menu: Pizza, veggies, chips and salsa, fruit kabobs, popcorn with different toppings, candy,  homemade vegan cake (which the kids demolished! Not a crumb was left!), water and soda

VEGAN CAKE RECIPE: HERE!

Decorations: Christmas lights, plastic stars and candles that we already had around the house, a couple of star helium balloons to mark the house to visitors

The Birthday girl wore: A little black lace dress with black flats

Extras: Bubbles for everyone, twister and an Instagram contest...the best photo won a beautiful set of pastel art pencils.
My vegan cake recipe



Ashley and Sequoia

In the process of writing this, my pear boss called and wanted to talk business with me, Bob arrived home and wanted to show me some things on the truck, and the dog ran way. So much for FOCUS!

ANYWAYS...
The party started at 3, people were still showing up at 7 and I was kicking kids out at 10pm, so I guess it was a good party! I had figured that kids would split earlier because it was a Sunday afternoon, but I forgot that the next day was an IN SERVICE DAY, and there was NO school. I was using all my mom's tricks...coming downstairs in pajamas, cleaning up all the food, and then pointedly asking,"Do you have a ride home, sweetie?" LOL.

I ate pizza and felt like I had the worst hangover the next day. Gluten, the little fucker, gave me a headache, stomach ache, and brain fog. Nutrition...I need it. I just can't give up gluten. I keep sticking my finger in the electric socket over and over and over because...pizzzzaaaaa! The next day, I dose myself with my new FUCK YOU GLUTEN remedies:
1. Tumeric tea...just throw some turmeric in some hot water, and drink it. Tastes BAD. Works GOOD.
2. Tart Cherry Juice
3. Naked Juice Green Machine
4. If I'm still dead, Salmon and Asparagus!
5. Sunlight and gentle walking
6. Rest
7. If nothing else is available, in an absolute pinch...Ibuprofen.

Tada! Cured. Usually if I pick three off of the above list, it is good enough. Feeling good today. And I got to eat pizza.

Love and light,
your friend,
Hil











1 comment:

  1. The party sounds like a rousing success! And for the record, if you crave carbs, your best bet is a baked yam with salt, pepper, and butter. It kills the carb cravings, gives you a healthy touch of sweetness, and in my experience causes FAR less grief than pizza

    ReplyDelete