Monday, March 13, 2017

The First Part of March


It is the Monday morning after "Spring Forward", so my 5:30 am wake up felt like 4:30am. I awoke from a dream visit from a childhood friend who passed away many years ago. I gave her such a hug, I really felt like it was her. When I hugged her, it felt like her muscles and her bones. Even if the brain creates these scenarios, it is a comfort. If it is not a creation of the brain, it is even more of a comfort.
Everyone is bracing for a giant snowstorm that is supposed to hit tonight. Life has gotten very hectic, as art business got busy, and pear business got busy. Nevie came home on break, and then went to visit my mom for a few days, in NY. Sequoia is almost ready to put on another school play, plus competing with the marching band. Our dear neighbor had a lovely wedding shower. The puppy is a freakin' buffalo, and so it feels that we went from having two dogs to ten. She is just REALLY STRONG, and REALLY INTO CHEWING, and also likes to cry for an hour at 1 am, only to be let out to play and not pee. It is refreshing to wake from a dead sleep to run around the yard when it is 20 degrees out, chasing a puppy who is JUST! HAVING! THE! TIME! OF! HER! LIFE!  I put on my second art class, which I am very proud of, and a mom suggested maybe I do a class for little tots. Small fries. Tiny Taters. In case I have nothing to do. And the library wants me to do a program for them, in case I have nothing to do, after that.

We have gotten ourselves into a giant tangle with our vehicles. We now how 4 in the backyard, each one with different issues, needs,  abilities, functions. We purchased Bob's parents' car at a great deal, and planned to sell mine, but now it seems that my car was more damaged in the Adirondack snowbank incident than previously believed. Boring to write about, even more boring to deal with in real life. Money, loans, banks, interest rates...blah.

Sequoia turned fifteen, which wasn't too fun for her because some kids at school were picking on her, but she did get an impressive array of gifts. She just wanted money, so I went to town and got a bunch of little things for her to have something to open.  Some used books, some incense, a handmade bookmark, some earrings, some shower gel, some vegan candy, with a little bit of pocket money hidden in each package. Karen upstaged us all by buying a giant box of prismacolor pencils...the PERFECT gift, very much appreciated, even if the very thought of Karen makes me ill right now. It isn't about me. It is Sequoia's birthday. Sequoia is getting really amazing with her art, and the best tools will be a great encouragement.  I wish I had the talent that Karen does with gifts.



Bob signing Sequoia's bday card




These two photos are rather interesting because they were both capturing the same moment, Bob signing the card, yet they are totally different. A photographer can capture the same moment in so many ways. I wrote WE HEART TREE in vegan candy. Tree is one of Sequoia's nicknames. I looked like an idiot at the dollar store, reading all the ingredients of 700 candy packages, but anything for my fluffy princess pooky pumpkin bear, am I right? lol

New hair

Nevie


Bob


I feel like a major change has happened in me. I feel like a different person in many ways. I think it is because I really feel like I have gotten over the shame I used to carry from my past. I feel like I am in a new chapter.

Love and light,
Your friend,
Hil










2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're insanely busy, but in good ways. I think it's a wonderful personal affirmation that the library wants you to do an art class and that others are of a similar mind. THAT says how much you're recognized and appreciated! I hope you can find a way to juggle the things you want to do, and turn them into paying work so the vehicle situation is also rectified :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all good, just have to learn to prioritize and not say "yes" to everything now. A very lucky place to be, grateful to say.

      Delete