Monday, May 15, 2017

Over the Moon

Displaying IMG_3335.JPG

Happy Mother's Day, one and all! What a emotional day for everyone...you love your mother, you lost your mother, you hate your mother, you love your kids, you lost your kid, you hate your kids, you wanted kids, you never had kids, you never had a mother...oy! But peace and love to everyone, regardless.

I just wrote a big, long blog, and erased it because my thoughts are so all over the place! The speed of my life has just been put on 100mph lately, and I am just RACING through! When I try to explain it, it comes out in these dry, declarative sentences...we went here, we saw this, we did this, dry as toast.

 A distant relative passed away at the age of 94, and I went with my mom to the funeral in Virginia on Saturday. My house is half way between NY (where my mom lives) and Virginia (where her relations live) so it worked out that she could stay here Friday and Saturday night. I love visiting my southern family, they are all so warm, earthy, and unpretentious. Even though I didn't grow up with them, I can see the nature-loving vein go through the generations. My mom says she wants to be an old lady now, but still insists on doing all the driving and paying for everything, no matter what. She is always racing to beat a clock. People think that I am a force to be reckoned with, but I'm nothing compared to my Mom.

I was so lucky this year to have so much family around for Mother's Day. Nevie was at school, but let a beautiful gift and card for me last week when she was here. Very special! <3 Sequoia was racing around doing her own agenda, too, schedule-schedule-schedule, but we got to see her at last on Sunday. Rissa was here for dinner on Friday, and Aspen called and wrote a lovely message to me on Facebook from Utah. A fb friend who I don't know very well sent me a message saying that I "am an inspiration not only to my own children, but to the children of the community," and that just sent me OVER THE MOON!

I made the mistake of saying,"lets go to the driving range sometime," when I really didn't want to go to the driving range, ever, but yesterday, Bob's dad brought us all to the driving range at the golf course where he works. I am like...worse at golf than I really should be. My arms don't want to go that way! Sequoia did a really good job, though. It was nice that we did something nice together with Bob's dad, we really never go anywhere together, and we should.

I took the morning off of babysitting to just (((breathe))). I've had two migraines this week, and I know my hashi's is just rumbling under the surface. A few breakouts, a few aches and pains, a little pressure in the ear, stiffness in my hands...stuff you might generally overlook, I now know are the small tremors before the earthquake. Too many "grabbed" meals, too little exercise...although I did spend six hours working at the pear farm moving and organizing an apartment full of event and marketing supplies this week...boxes of brochures, rolls of posters, dozens of wine glasses, platters and serving supplies, coolers, linens, boxes, mailers, wrapping paper and bags. That made me break a sweat. Sometimes "farm work" isn't what you would imagine it to be.

I am debating whether to go shopping, which would accomplish something, or just go to the lake, where I want to go. It is sunny and cool.

Love and light,
Your friend,
Hil





1 comment:

  1. Do what you need to do first. Then do what you want to do. Both are equally necessary for a balanced and healthy life <3

    I'm so glad you had a nice Mother's Day. It's awesome to see you beginning to soar!

    ReplyDelete